Another great episode with the entire band — Kito, Daniel, Ian, and Josh. They discuss COVID as the new normal, NetBeans, Kotlin, IntelliJ, PrimeBlocks, Java 17 (including Spring’s announcement), Docker requiring subscriptions, and other stuff, too.
- The new normal? What does that look like for work going forward?
Tools and Tech
- NetBeans 12.5 on Beta 3 https://github.com/apache/netbeans/milestone/13?closed=1
- What’s New in IntelliJ IDEA – 2021.2 Hell yeah!
- Spring is going JDK 17 full-force, dragging JDK 8 devs kicking and screaming into the future!
- Kotlin 1.5.30:
- Docker Desktop Now Requires Paid Subscription
Server Side Java
- https://typelevel.org – Let the Scala compiler work for you. We provide type classes, instances, conversions, testing, supplements to the standard library, and much more.
- https://typelevel.org/projects/ – List of projects
- https://fs2.io – Function Streams
- TestContainers – Runs Docker containers from within Java (JUnit) integration tests
- Reliably – Declare your service level objective (SLOs) as Code
- Venkat – Java magazine – Java 8 features
- Airhacks.fm interview with
- Talking Kotlin: https://talkingkotlin.com/ (Josh)
- FooJay https://foojay.io/ (Josh)
- Randomness IntelliJ Plugin (Danno)
- Xcode 13 Beta 5 (Ian)
- Eclipse Con Oct 25 – 28, 2021, virtual
- Uberconf Oct 5-8, 2021, Denver, CO, US or virtual
- JakartaOne LiveStream 2021 – Dec 7th, 2021 in US
- W-JAX Nov 8 – 12, 2021, Munich, Germany or virtual
- Progressive Web Experience Dec 5-8, 2021, Clearwater, FL, USA or virtual
- Jconf.dev Dec 8-10, 2021, Chicago, IL, USA or virtual
- Archconf Dec 13-16jconf.dev Conference, 2021 – Clearwater, FL, USA or virtual
- CodeMash Jan 11-14, 2022 – Sandusky, OH